Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stash Report Week #45...

November 5 - 11, 2010

OK, better late than never for this.  It's not a bad stash report this time either, although the next one should be better.

To start, the remaining 7.5 yards for the backing to the Twisted Rope quilt came in this week.  The fabric is from the Summer's End line by Kansas Troubles.  I was expecting this but while on my quilting retreat, we stopped at 2 different fabric stores, and I didn't buy any fabric!  Amazingly, I wasn't even tempted.

As for what I used this week, I managed to finish 2 quilt tops and almost finish 2 more.  I made this quick little table topper from the 'Greta' pattern by Me & My Sister designs.  The pattern only requires 1 charm pack and a small amount of yardage.  The entire quilt top used 1.75 yards.

'Greta' Table Topper
I'm hoping to get it quilted before Thanksgiving so I can use it on my table.  The charm pack I used is Maison de Garance.

The second quilt top I completely finished is a pattern I've used a couple times before in Barney and Blue Boxes.  It's such a simple pattern and only requires a jelly roll and some fabric for borders.  This quilt will be for Mr. Quilting Bug to snuggle under while watching TV.  I have yet to come up with a name for it though.

Mr. Quilting Bug's TV quilt
The quilt is 65"x73" and uses 4.5 yards for the top. On the advice of some friends, I staggered the rows this time and I like how it turned out. 

So...
Purchased-this-week: 7.5 yards
Used-this-week: 6.25 yards
Purchased-to-date: 246 yards
Used-to-date: 392.75 yards
Net used: 146.75 yards

I took this picture of David and Gabriel being sweet to each other.  They were actually both squirrel watching.

David and Gabriel squirrel watching
Until later...

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 
John 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.