Monday, November 22, 2010

24 Birds and counting...

Not turkeys, although I suppose that would be appropriate.  What I actually meant is I've finished the top for Nestled in the Branches and a smaller Nestled in the Branches 2.  The first one has 20 bird blocks in it and is 53" x 62.5".  When I finished making it, I realized I had enough bird blocks and coordinating fabric to make a smaller duplicate.  This one has 4 bird blocks in it and is 34.5" square.  Hence 24 birds. 

Nestled in the Branches II
I didn't get a picture of the larger one because I didn't have space to lay it out.  Just imagine a bigger version of the one above with 5 rows and 4 columns of birds.  I've already got the backings cut/pieced and the bindings made.  Now they'll go into the queue for quilting.  It's a long queue though.

I'm sure to give at least one of these away so I didn't mind making 2 of the same pattern and fabric.

Here's a picture of Jack balancing on the furniture.  She's probably our most graceful cat.

Jack
Until later...

I said to myself, "Relax, because the Lord takes care of you."  
Psalm 116:7 (NCV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.