Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sam's Diet Update #3...

It's been 18 days since Sam's last weigh in.  I was really nervous this time.  If she hadn't lost any weight after the radical measures I've taken, she was going to have to go back to the vet to have more tests done.  But praise God, she lost 0.7 lbs!  I am so very, very pleased with this number.  First, it's a weight loss not a gain like last time.  Second, it's a significant number for a cat her size.  Third, it's not too much for the time period, 18 days.  If cats lose weight too quickly, it can negatively impact their health and organs.

She's not too happy on her diet - except for the days I give her her 'happy' pills.  But I don't care.  I also don't care how many times she wakes me up in the middle of the night begging for food.  All I have to do is hear her walk across the room with every joint popping at each step to make me hold firm.  As she loses the weight, she will feel better and will be healthier.  I guess the same thing can be said for people!

If she can keep to this pace (.7 lbs in 18 days), it will take her a little more than 3 months to drop below 14 lbs.  Ideally, I'd like to see her around 13 lbs and to maintain it.

I just can't tell you how happy I am to finally see some positive progress on this front.  It's been a long time coming.

So today, Sam's new stats are...
  • Starting Weight - 17.9 lbs
  • Target Weight - less than 14 lbs
  • Last Weigh-in - 18.1 lbs
  • Current Weight - 17.4 lbs
  • Net loss - 0.7 lbs
Way to go Sam! 


Until later...

From now on if you listen obediently to the commandments that I am commanding you today, love God, your God, and serve him with everything you have within you, he'll take charge of sending the rain at the right time .... 
Deuteronomy 11:13-14 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.