Friday, November 5, 2010

Stash Report Week #44...

October 29th - November 4th, 2010

This week saw a little more activity in the stash department.  I knew in advance that I needed to buy backings for a couple of quilts.  First, I went out with my friend LeeAnn so she could pick out a backing for the Twisted Rope quilt I'm making her.   It's a king sized quilt made out of mostly Civil War fabrics, so we had a challenge finding 11 yards of any fabric that would work.  We went to 3 different quilts stores before she found the perfect backing at Plain and Simple Quilt Shop.  The fabric she picked is part of the Summer's End line for Kansas Troubles.

Summer's End by Kansas Troubles
The store didn't have enough either, but because it's such a new line I was able to order the rest of what we need at Hancock's of Paducah.  So for this week, I got 3.75 yards and next week I'll add the rest when it comes in.

While at Plain and Simple, I found these charm packs of Lumiere de Noel.  This line of fabric is even more gorgeous in person.  I see a Schnibbles in my future using these.  There are 1.5 yards between the 2 of them.

Lumiere de Noel
I also bought a backing for a charity quilt at JoAnn's.  I was trying to wait until I could use my 50% coupon before purchasing it, but I need to have the quilt done by November 20th, so I couldn't wait any longer.  I bought 5 yards of this one.

Charity Backing
And aside from some large rickrack that's all that  I bought.  Isn't this just the cutest?

So that's a grand total of 10.25 yards in this week.

And as for what I used, it certainly wasn't as much as I bought.  I sent my mom the next Winter Wonderland block and that was a quarter yard.  I had hoped to finish quilting one of the charity quilts.  I'm using a simple loop pattern but I'm not quite done with it.  So for this week, I can only count a measly quarter yard.

So...
Purchased-this-week: 10.25 yards
Used-this-week: .25 yards
Purchased-to-date: 238.50 yards
Used-to-date: 386.50 yards
Net used: 148 yards

And just because, here's another picture of Sam on her happy medicine.  Check out her eyes...


Until later...

"In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent."  
Psalm 4:4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.