Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mom's October Package...

Now that my dear mom has received her package for October, I can share it's contents here.  Although to be honest, I've already shown several pieces of it.

Mom's October Package
In the upper left is the pillow I embroidered for her.  The star and berries are small pieces of wool outlined with a blanket stitch.  And in the upper right is November's Camelot Snowman wall hanging.  When she got her package, she confessed she forgot to hang up the one for October.  So she went straight from September to November, but (God willing) October will come around again next year.

Between the pillow and the calendar block is the next Winter Wonderland block.  She's embroidering hers in a deep blue but this is the same one I did in black.

Winter Wonderland Block 3
It's a fairly large one, but goes quick when you do it while watching/listening to TV.  It'd be great if we both finish all of our blocks at about the same time.  Then I figure we can get together to assemble them.  Still a lot left to do on it though.

As usual, I also included the next block for the Imperial Splendor BOM she's doing.  It's block #10 and I actually sent her 2 of them - because I accidentally bought it twice.  Early senior moment I figure.  She can always make both of them and include one on the back as the label.  And finally, I included the new Love of Quilting magazine and a book detailing how to make memory quilts from t-shirts, photos, etc.  She's expressed an interest in doing this and the book should give her the information she needs.

So that does it for October.  Only 2 more packages to go and I think I know the quilts I'd like to include.  Assuming of course that I finish them in time.  Busy, busy, busy...

I managed to get this picture of David and Gabriel lying together at the back door.  I think they were both resting after a vigorous bout of squirrel watching.  It's unusual for them to lay so close together.

David and Gabriel
Until later...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"
Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.