Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More this and that...

I'm not really close to a finish on anything right now.  With regards to quilting, my priority is to get 3 tops quilted before I start piecing anything else.  I prefer the piecing though which is why I have so many needing to be quilted right now!

I'm also puttering along on a few other projects.  I'm working on Block 11 of the Baltimore Halloween quilt.  It's all back-basted needleturn applique and takes a good bit of time.  Here's my progress so far...

Block 11 - In Progress
Here's what the finished block is supposed to look like...

Baltimore Halloween by Pearl P Pereira
I've got quite a ways to go.  There are around 100 pieces to this one block and most of them are pretty small.  When I'm not working on this block (which is most of the time), I've been working on a secret project for Christmas for the Twelve of Us.  For obvious reasons, I can't share a picture of that one.  Suffice to say, there's more embroidery and applique on it.

I was supposed to have this quilt finished and delivered as of this past weekend.

Disappearing 9-Patch for charity
But I just pieced and loaded the backing fabric on the frame yesterday.  Sorry it's late Thearica!  I hope to load the top on Wednesday and to start quilting a pantograph on it.  In between Thanksgiving preparations that is.

Oh, and I just got a call that my fabric for the bathroom has come in.  It would sure be nice to make the valances and such this weekend.  Just so much to do, but I know it will all get done in its own time.

I love these pictures of each of our 4 cats...

Until later...

Human beings are the only things in all creation that worry. Everything else trusts the heavenly Father and creator to care for their needs. 
By Rick Warren

1 comment:

  1. Your block is coming along quite nicely. I tend to bore and move away from hand sewing projects myself.
    Good luck on your secret project!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.