Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blue Boxes...

Yeah!  I finished another quilt tonight.  It's such a nice feeling to put the last stitches in the binding.  I secure all my bindings to the back by hand so that step usually takes me a while.  This quilt is 66" x 72" and probably took about 5 hours to sew the binding.  (I didn't time myself so that's a guesstimate...)

Mr. Quilting Bug generously agreed to hold it over the side of our deck so I could get a picture while it was still light outside.

Blue Boxes

I'm calling this one Blue Boxes for obvious reasons.  My friend Bridget made the same quilt and when her daughter saw it, she said it looked like tissue boxes.  Which it does, but I don't think that's a bad thing.  I like the pattern so much that this is the second quilt I've finished using it.  And I have another top done and one more in the works.  But after that, I'll probably retire the pattern (for a while at least).

I quilted this one on my Grace frame with an allover meander...


It's kind of hard to see the quilting in the picture though.  This quilt will be a gift for someone special later this month.  (She probably already knows who she is...)

And remember how I said I messed up on the Purple Mountains quilt...

Quilting boo-boo

The 2 flying geese units with the safety pins should be facing the other direction.  It turns out I made this very same mistake 6 times!  I must of been in a hurry and not paying close enough attention.  Well, I ripped every one of them out and fixed them...

Corrected block

I'm trying to finish this quilt as part of a UFO (unfinished object) challenge I signed up for.  However, the deadline is a week from today and I have to quilt and bind it by then.  I'm not thinking that's too likely to happen, but we'll see...

David gave his approval of the new quilt...

David on Blue Boxes

He considers it nap worthy - his highest praise!

Until later...

Never tell your neighbors to wait until tomorrow if you can help them now. 
Proverbs 3:28 (TEV)

3 comments:

  1. love the blue boxes - I too thought of tissue boxes when I saw it. Awesome job.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different shades of blue. So cool! Can I ask the name of the quilt pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern is called Bali Boxes by Calico Alley but I don't know if you can get it anymore. I bought it from them at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival last year.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.