Friday, November 5, 2010

And my package arrived...

I just finished sharing the wool project and towels I mailed out to Carolyn and what should appear on my doorstep today, but my package from Lynn.  To be honest, when I saw it on the stoop I couldn't figure out what it would be.  Until I looked at the name.

I have to say that this package coming today was an example of God's perfect timing.  I was really struggling today.  It's cold and wet and I'm hurting.  I've been very depressed and couldn't seem to snap out of my funk.  But Lynn's package was like a spot of sunshine.  When I opened it and read her letter, I could see how much thought she put into making things just for me.  She knows my faith is a strong part of who I am and she made me this cute little candle mat.


It's on my table right now.  She also included a candle holder and flameless candle.  It's another perfect provision because I can't use anything with an open flame around my cats.  Jack is a budding pyromaniac and is seduced by fire.  It's too dangerous to let her near one.  But this candle has an on/off switch and is perfectly safe for them.  I've had it on all afternoon and have caught each cat exploring it.  I tried to get pictures of them with it, but they were a little spooked and ran off.  Lynn also included several other goodies in my package...


She included a Christmas ornament which was also perfect timing.  After having skipped it the last several years, I've been talking to Mr. Quilting Bug about putting a tree up this year.  And I've been looking in the stores for new ornaments to go on it.  This will definitely be one of them.  She also included a quilting magazine and a chocolate bar.  The chocolate bar is dark chocolate with caramel in the middle.  It's delicious.  I have to confess that I've already eaten half of it.

Lynn's package arriving today was so awesome.  It gave me a lift when I really needed one.  Thank you so much Lynn!

Until later...

"You were chosen to tell about the excellent qualities of God, who called you." 
1 Peter 2:9 (GW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.