Friday, November 19, 2010

Stash Report Week #46...

November 12 - 18, 2010

Another good week for stash busting!  This just motivates me to keep going.  I've given some thought as to whether or not I want to continue these reports next year and the answer is an emphatic yes!  I know I would have bought more and used less if I hadn't been keeping track of the details.

I did buy some fabric this week.  In particular I needed some more fabric to finish the Nestled in the Branches quilt I started at the quilt retreat.  The fabric is from JoAnns and it's been over a year since I bought the original batch so I was a little concerned if they still carried it.  It's from their Legacy Studio collection of fabrics.  Well, I was fortunate to find enough of both fabrics I needed.  I bought a total of 2.5 yards between them. 

Legacy Studio's Nestled in the Branches
While there, I started looking for the backing to this charity quilt I made in September.  It's earmarked for Interact once it's quilted.

Owl Charity Quilt for Interact
I found this really soft Minkee type fabric for the backing.  The brown matches nicely with the outer border and it will be great for a kid.  I bought 2 yards of it.  It's 60" wide so I needed less of it than a traditional cotton fabric.

Minkee backing for charity quilt
I don't know what's up with the line through it.  I didn't notice that until I looked at the picture.

Now on to what I used this week.  I only finished 1 quilt top, Twisted Rope, but it is definitely the largest one I've ever made!  112" square.  I used 14.5 yards for this top!  Wow!  That's a lot of fabric.  Here's a picture of the quilt laying on top of LeeAnn's bed.  She's the one I'm making the quilt for.

Twisted Rope Quilt Top
Now all that's left is to quilt it.  LOL!  That's easily going to be as challenging as piecing the top.  I have a pretty good idea of how I want to quilt it, I just have to figure out some of the logistics.

So...
Purchased-this-week: 4.5 yards
Used-this-week: 14.5 yards
Purchased-to-date: 250.5 yards
Used-to-date: 407.25 yards
Net used: 156.75 yards

Wow!  I've finally topped the 400 yard mark.  That feels like quite an accomplishment!

Until later...

"The Lord demands fairness in every business deal." 
Proverbs 16:11 (LB)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the bird fabric looks so textured. Until I started reading your post, I thought you painted them! I am looking forward to seeing how this piece works out!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.