Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sam's Diet Update #2...

I weighed Sam again on November 2nd.  She had gained .4 lbs.  Of course, so had David and myself.  It was not a good day on the scales for any of us.  So Sam is 18.1 lbs, David is almost 20 lbs and I'm not disclosing my weight.  Ever.

Sam
I decided a radical change was necessary.  Also I'm tired of getting up 2-3 times a night to feed her a piddling amount of food only to have her gain weight.  And as much as I keep insisting David is not fat, just all muscle, I don't think he can continue to gain half a pound a month without turning into a blubber ball like Sam.

So as of 4 days ago, I've moved all of them to a twice a day feeding schedule.  No more feeding Sam 5 or 6 times a day!  No more all you can eat buffet for the other 3 cats!  No more getting up in the middle of the night to cater to them! 


They each get a separate food bowl with a measured amount of food once in the morning and at night.  So far, they're so discombobulated that they're eating practically nothing.  Although for the first time yesterday morning every one of them showed up for breakfast and chowed down.  I know it'll take a while for them to understand that this is how it's going to be from now on.  They obviously preferred the old way of things.

And as for my Samsomnia, it's a million times worse right now.  She spends hours trying to get me out of bed and I just have to push her away and roll over.  Again.  And again.  And again. And again.  I think you get the picture.

So for now, Sam's stats are...
  • Starting Weight - 17.9 lbs
  • Target Weight - less than 14 lbs
  • Last Weigh-in - 17.7 lbs
  • Current Weight - 18.1 lbs
  • Net loss - Gained .4 lbs
By golly, her next weigh-in is going to be better, even if it kills me (and her)!

Until later...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.