Monday, April 26, 2010

May snowman and other stuff...

Well, April is almost over!  Does anyone else think this year is going by incredibly fast?  Anyone over 21 I mean?  When you're a kid, time seems to go by so slow.  You're looking forward to the next milestone and count your age by degrees - 5 and a half, 8 and 3/4, etc.  I've got a birthday coming up next month and I'm going to remain 35 until the very day it arrives!

I've been making the Camelot Snowman calendar blocks for my mom.  She hangs each one up as the month arrives.  Only I still haven't mailed her the one for May!  I'm running out of time, but fortunately found the time to finish it yesterday...


I quilted this one in a cross-hatch pattern around the embroidery...


And I found these pretty pink buttons to match...


The buttons are just decorative though.  The tabs open and close using velcro.  I wrote a tutorial for making them that you can find here if you're interested.

Mr. Quilting Bug is continuing to make good progress on the bathroom renovation.  The electrical is mostly done (except for the steam shower) and he has most of the drywall up.  I could show you pictures of his work, but thought these were more interesting...


The hole in the floor is where the old plumbing vent stack was located.  And beside it is an old vent that needs to be moved/closed up.  Gabriel thought they were fascinating...


She kept jumping back from them thinking there was something down there.  I hope she's wrong...

And I think I'll end with a few more pictures from the last few days.

Sam, Jack and David

David

Gabriel getting her belly rubbed

Until later...

"Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically."
Romans 12:11 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.