Thursday, April 15, 2010

This and that....

Our master bathroom remodel started last Saturday, so tomorrow marks a full week of work.  Although Mr. Quilting Bug has finished demo, there's so much to do to rebuild it.  He's busy framing now and the layout is starting to take shape.  He budgeted 3 weeks to complete this renovation, but I'm guessing it will be more like a couple of months.  There's just so much left to do.

I finally managed to try out my new Rowenta iron and so far I'm loving it.  It gets much hotter than any other iron I've ever owned and it's also heavier.  Although that can be fatiguing if you're ironing for a long time, you can't beat the results.  It's made pressing quilt blocks and tops so much easier. 

I'm almost finished with the Spider Web top I've been working on.  I'm in the process of adding the borders.  Hopefully I'll have something to show tomorrow or the next day.  I've also been trying to decide how to quilt the D9-Patch quilt.


It's one of my UFO's.  I've decided to take the extra time and do trapunto on it using wool batting.  I know I want to do some kind of feather design and have been trying to draw out some samples.


Sorry for the poor lighting, but hopefully you can see it well enough.  I'm thinking I'll use this design in each of the 4 blocks but I'm still finalizing the design for the sashing and borders.

I think I'll end this random post with some cute (to me) pet pictures...

Gabriel resting with the ball.

She has such soft floppy ears...

and pretty brown eyes.

Sam kept me company while I was sewing today...

Time for a bath.

David blinded by the camera.

 Moses sleeps under the covers.

Jack's favorite pose.

Until later...

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 
Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.