Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Busy little bee...

As I'd hoped, I've spent quite a bit of time sewing the last couple of days.  With only the pets for company and no obligations, I've had a lot of free time.

First off, I fixed the sample Mini Star block where the points didn't quite meet up...


I'm pleased with it now.  And I went on to finish the top.  It's 22" x 27" and was made from the leftover pieces of another quilt (Prayers for Day and Night).  I also pieced a backing for it from scraps and it's pin-basted and ready for quilting.


Then I finished piecing this quilt top - Prayers for Day and Night.  It's a nice lap size at 52.5" x 63".


I also had to piece the backing to this quilt because I didn't have enough yardage left over of the fabrics.  But it was a happy circumstance, because I like how it pushed me to do something different for the back.


It still needs to be pin-basted and then I can hand it over to Susan to be quilted.  And finally, I managed to get another quilt sandwich ready - D9-Patch.  I'm hoping to decide on a quilting design today and perhaps finish quilting it.  It's only 35" square so I think it's doable.


I've had a pretty productive week away from home, but like they say - There's no place like home.  And I'm eager to return...

Until later...

The God of peace be with you all. Amen.- Romans 15:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.