Friday, April 23, 2010

Another small finish...

I found the time today to finish another of the quilts made from the fabric used in Peace Be With You.  This is the smallest and finishes at 22" x 27".  It's called Mini Stars in the Eleanor Burns Day and Night book, but I've decided to call mine Star Light. 


It's nice to quilt a small quilt because it goes so quickly.  All told it only took about an hour and a half to do it.  I stitched in the ditch in the interior and the borders and did a curlicue in the outer border...


I printed the label on a fabric prepared sheet I bought at JoAnn's and ran through my printer.  I've tried doing labels several different ways, but I think this shows up the best and is the cleanest.


You can also use a pigma pen, but I find that the line isn't very thick and I have to go over it numerous times to make it dark enough.  It has a more personal touch because it's in your own handwriting, but I still like the look of the printed labels.

In the next couple of days, I'm hoping to do some more quilting on the Spider Web quilt.  I did a little today and spent some time marking a part of it with a water soluble marking pen.  However, tomorrow I think I'm going to focus on installing some more window film...

Until later...

It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for.  Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
Ephesians 1:11-12 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.