Thursday, April 22, 2010

Peace Be With You...

I just put the final stitches on the binding to another quilt.  Originally I named it Prayers for Day and Night, but didn't care for that title.  I've now renamed it 'Peace Be With You' as that seems more fitting.  It is a prayer quilt for my sister-in-law who is battling lung cancer right now.  I just found out tonight that she's back in the hospital with another infection so please pray for her.


This quilt is based on the Day and Night pattern as depicted in Eleanor Burn's Day and Night book.  It finished at 52.5" x 63", so it's a good lap size for her.  My good friend Susan quilted it for me.  (She enjoys that part of quilting much more than I do.)


I think Susan did a great job on the quilting.  She did all over feathers in the interior and more symmetrical feathers in the outer border.  She also did a curlicue in the inner border that really looks good.


I ran out of the light blue fabric for the back and had to piece one together.  I like how it turned out and am glad I had to do it.


The book actually enables you to save the leftover pieces from cutting the strip sets and use them to make 2 other quilts.  I'm hoping to start quilting at least one of them tomorrow and will share them when they're done.  I'm eager to finish another one of them because it will go to Brenda along with this quilt.

Until later...

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.