Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stash Report Week #39 and #40...

September 24 - October 7, 2010

Because I was at the beach last week, I never got around to filing my stash report.  And it was a good one too!  So this week I'll just combine them.

To start off,  I bought NO fabric either week.  Our host for the beach retreat even gave us directions to no less than 3 quilt shops on the way to her house, but I didn't stop at any of them.  Of course, I got really lost on the way down, it was pouring down rain and I wanted nothing more than to arrive there safely.

I spent some time before I went down there making kits for a Disappearing 9-Patch quilt using the tons of charm squares I had in my stash.  I made 6 kits and each kit had 4.5 yards of fabric in it.  I made one quilt, some friends made 3 more and another couple of friends will make the final 2.  So I can count all that fabric as gone.  That's a total of 27 yards for the 6 quilts.  Here's a picture of the one I made...

Disappearing 9-Patch quilt top

I sent my mom a quilt kit for her September package that contained 5 yards of fabric and I used a half yard combined for the October Camelot Snowman and the next Winter Wonderland block.  I also brought 2 yards of black fabric for a friend to use for borders on one of her charity quilts.  This adds up to another 7.5 yards.

I also completed another charity quilt top with fabric from my stash.  I bought the panel from Wish Upon a Quilt during Stash Dash.  I cut it up, added some sashing and a border to make this quilt...

Owl charity quilt - 50" x 50"

The quilt top used 2.25 yards of fabric.  And that brings my grand total for the 2 weeks to...  36.75 yards!  Yeah!!!  (I'm imagining waves of people cheering for me right now.)

So...
Purchased-this-week: 0 yards
Used-this-week: 36.75 yards
Purchased-to-date: 218.75 yards
Used-to-date: 364.75 yards
Net used: 146 yards

Now if I can get these quilts quilted that will give me another boost.  And I've finished all the blocks for LeeAnn's quilt so once the top is assembled, I can count all that fabric too.

Until later...

It is God himself who has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others. 
Ephesians 2:10 (LB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.