Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sam's continuing weight saga...

I made it a point to weigh Sam when I returned home.  She's been on the diet cat food for a couple of weeks and I figured that was enough time to see a change.  This is her before...

Sam - 17.9 lbs

And this is her after...

Sam - Still 17.9 lbs

Yep.  Since her last weigh-in 31 days ago, she has lost nothing, nada, zilch, zip.

But it's not as bad as it sounds.  I'm actually slightly encouraged by it - only because I increased her food before I bought the diet food.  I felt so bad that she was starving so for about a week before the food switch, she gorged herself.  I'm guessing she must have gained about a half pound or so.  That would mean she's lost a little bit of weight since starting the new diet.  At least I hope that's the case and I'm not deluding myself.  Did I mention that her new food is expensive?  Like really, really expensive.


I've also started back to giving her 'happy' pills.  I'm not sure exactly what they are, but it's a prescription from her vet.  I imagine these pills are to her what LSD would be to us.  She's completely spaced out and purring all the time.  She's also not begging for food as much.


So my plan is to weigh her again in another week and see if there's any change.  I pray that there is.

In related news, I weighed David at the same time.  It had been 42 days since I last weighed him and in that time, he's gained 1 pound.  I wonder if he'll ever stop growing.  He's almost a year and a half old now and although he looks a little soft in his tummy, he's all muscle.

David - 19.2 lbs

Until later...

"Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work." 
Jeremiah 1:5 (NCV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.