Friday, October 15, 2010

Another Lady is done...

This Lady took me a long time.  Not because she was more complicated than the others, but because I had so many other things to work on at the same time - namely the CQ block.  I looked back through my posts and see that I started stitching her in July.  So that's about 3 months to finish the one block.  Normally I can do one in about a month.

If you have no idea what I'm referring to, I'm talking about the Ladies of the Sea quilt I'm making for Mr. Quilting Bug.  It's a pattern by Sue Garman and I've been working on it for a couple of years now.  I do a ship or two and then work on the Baltimore Halloween quilt, then come back to this one and so on.  I now have 10 ships completed and have 6 more to do (not to mention the applique borders).  Here's the latest ship...

Ladies of the Sea - The Mayflower
I'm doing all of these blocks by hand using the Back-Basting Needleturn Applique method.  It takes some time but produces very accurate results.

Now that this one is done, I'm going to turn my attention back to the Baltimore Halloween quilt.  I'll start on block 11 (out of 12).  This one has a lot of small pieces (around 100) so I expect it will take a while too.  But that's OK as I enjoy working on them.  I'll also be interspersing it with the final two Camelot Snowman stitcheries, Winter Wonderland and a small wool project.  Busy, busy, busy!

I just took this picture of Gabriel and 'duck' baby.  It's our nightly ritual; she brings me one of her babies and we play tug of war.  If I can manage to get it away from her, I throw it, she fetches it and we continue on until I cry uncle...

Tug of war with Gabriel and duck baby
Until later...

"God is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of, infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hopes."
Ephesians 3:20 (LB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.