Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mom's September package...

Note: All of my blog posts this week were written in advance.  I'm currently at a quilt retreat at the beach working on charity quilts.

Another month has passed and that means it's time to put together another package for my mom.  As I've said before, I'm making her a quilting related package every month this year for several reasons.  First, I love my mom and want her to feel special.  And who doesn't love getting a package in the mail?  As I've said many times before, I do!  Also, I want her to learn how to quilt and to love it.  She's not too far off from retiring and I see us getting together for our own little quilting retreats then.  And finally, too many friends lost their own mothers last year and I want to make sure I take the time and effort to really appreciate mine.

 Usually each month I make my mom a quilt, but this time Ive sent her a quilt kit instead.  The kit is from Connecting Threads and is called Twilight Stars.  (I don't know if you can purchase it from them anymore as I bought it at the beginning of the year always planning to give it to her.)

Twilight Stars Quilt Kit

I also finished the October Camelot Snowman mini wall hanging.  I thought this month's pattern was really cute and I didn't have to change a thing (unlike last months).  I was able to stitch it out in about an evening.

October Camelot Snowman Stitchery

I really like the cat and pumpkins on this one...

Closeup of the stitching

I already had a cute Halloween print in my stash to use for the border, tabs and backing.  It only takes a fat quarter to make them.

October wall hanging

This was the first month I've had to purchase buttons, but that's because I'm woefully low on orange buttons.  Except for Halloween, it's really not a color I use.  But I found some cute ones at JoAnns that are the perfect size to go with the black ones I already had.

Buttons and fly stitching

Can you also see the decorative stitching I used on the border?  It's one of the stitches on my machine.  I think it's called a fly stitch.

For the rest of her package, I included block 9 of the Imperial Splendor BOM, the second Winter Wonderland stitchery traced out, a pair of scissors and a decorative case to hold them, and a magazine.

The rest of her package

So that's it for another month.  I'm really going to try to find the time to make her a quilt for October.  I already have it all cut out and it will be perfect for fall.  But first I have to finish the Nature CQ, LeeAnn's quilt and the charity quilts for Interact.  But then, I should have plenty of time, right?

Until later...


Whoever wants to be great must become a servant. 
Mark 10:43 (MSG)

1 comment:

  1. I love that snowman stitchery! Made me smile.

    What a grea thing you're doing sending your Mom those kits!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.