Monday, October 18, 2010

A little finish...

I've been busy lately, but not with quilting.  I'm spending a lot of time working on the bathroom renovation.  I've managed to get all the trim painted (baseboard, doors and crown molding) and privacy window film put on the windows.  Why does it feel like such a workout the day after painting?  Although I did have to perform quite the balancing acts to get to the crown molding above the tub and vanity.  Fortunately, no pictures of that.

I did manage a small finish yesterday.  I put the final stitches in block 3 of the Winter Wonderland quilt.

Winter Wonderland Block 3
I need to finish a few other things before I start on another one.  However, I did look to see how many of these there are.  The answer is 10.  It's that math thing again.  I like knowing that I'm 30% complete with these stitcheries.  Although I realize that's not completely accurate because a couple of them are pretty big.

My posts might be sporadic for the near future because I'll be spending more time working on the bathroom.  I have more painting to do and also still need to pick out tile for the backsplash and tub surround.  And tomorrow, I need to spend all day working on costumes for an upcoming church production.  But if I manage to finish something else or snap some cute pictures of the pets, I'll be back.

Speaking of pets, I caught David snuggling up on a charity quilt I'm trying to load on my quilting frame.

David on quilt and batting

Until later...

"And this is my prayer, that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight so that you may be able to discern what is best and be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God." 
Philippians 1:9-11 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Your Winter Wonderland stitchery looks wonderful. Cats and quilts -- meant to go together. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.