Sunday, June 27, 2010

Welcome Rocky!

I spent the last post welcoming Ace to the family and I completely forgot to introduce Rocky.  He came to live with us last Friday after the unfortunate demise of Ducky Baby.  (I couldn't find a picture of Ducky Baby and he's in no shape to be photographed now.)

Rocky

I don't know if you're familiar with his kind, but Rocky belongs to the genus 'Raccoon'.  (OK, I made that up...)  He comes complete with a squeaker in each paw and a crinkly tail.  He also has another noise maker in his head.

Gabriel was quick to make his acquaintance...

Rocky and Gabriel

(I really must teach her the proper way to say hello...)

I figured the two of them would become fast friends.   But I didn't think the others would be so jealous for Rocky's attention.  Sam quickly found him nice and fluffy...

Sam on Rocky

Again, I don't think this is a proper greeting.  See his feet sticking out from under her head?  I guess I didn't raise them right.  (By the way, Sam is now officially on a diet.)

Sam and Rocky

This is a little better.  At least he can breathe (for now).  But I think the other kids got jealous of her hogging all his attention.  Especially David...

Sam, Rocky and David

Now kids, don't make me come in there!  If you can't play nice...

Battle for Rocky

I guess they can't.  A battle ensued to win Rocky's affections.  And guess who won?

Rocky and David

But David wasn't content to just hang out and get to know each other...
 
 Rocky and David

David, that's not very polite!



OK, that's even worse!  Were you raised in a barn?  (Actually, he was kind of born in one...)

Oh well, welcome to the family Rocky (such as it is).  We're glad to have you!

Until later...

“You must make allowance for each other’s faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others” 
Colossians 3:13 (NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.