Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Out of touch...

I've been out of touch this past week.  It's been hot, hot, hot and I was feeling under the weather until recently so I've been rather slack about blogging.  I've spent more time in bed than out of it lately.

I did a little bit of sewing this week.  I finished a purse for a group challenge that I'm in, but I can't share pictures until she receives it.  With the leftovers from the purse fabric and a Verna charm pack I had on hand, I started this little quilt.


It's just a bunch of quarter square triangles set on point with a plain border and a brick border.  I didn't follow a pattern but just made it up as I went along.  I knew that I wanted to add one more border to this top before calling it done, but I didn't have enough fabric left.

Well my quilt bee and I went to Whistle Stop Quilt Shop today on an outing and I found the perfect fabrics for the final border and binding.  They're from the new Sanibel line by Heather Mulder Peterson.  I just love her use of color in all of her fabric lines!

Sanibel by Heather Mulder Peterson

The colors are much richer than they appear in the photo.  The green will be my big border and I'll use the stripe for binding.

Other than this little quilt, I've been working on embroidering some t-shirts for a gift and quilting another quilt on my frame.  But it's slow going on both of those projects.

David has become enamored of this pile of fabrics I hand-dyed.  I have them on top of an armoire in my sewing room and he loves to lay on them and stare down at me while I'm working.  (He's such a funny cat...)

David on fabric

Until later...

"... You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 
John 8:32 (TEV)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better now!
    Hugs,
    Leona

    PS every time I see your dog quilt above it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.