Thursday, June 3, 2010

Slow progress...

I've been continuing to work on the Memorial Day soldier quilt, but my pace has slowed considerably.  I'm still hoping to finish the top by Sunday - the deadline.  I need to stay focused though.  Can anyone help me with that?

I finished step 4 last night.  It was a lot of sewing for one step.  In the end, I made 17 of these blocks...

17  Blocks

For someone reason the block doesn't look square in the picture, but it really is.

And after I finished step 4 and considered moving on to step 5, I looked around my sewing room and realized how much the clutter was really bothering me.  So I spent the next hour and a half, cleaning, dusting and straightening before crawling into bed.  And I still have a big mess up there.  So, do I continue to clean it up and then work on step 5 or should I clear off enough sewing space and work on the quilt before finishing my organization?  The thing is, I know I have many more hours left to corral the mess up there and I only have so much energy to spare.  Hmm...

Here's a rather dark picture of Jack on the back of the couch.  It's been raining a lot this past week and hard to get bright pictures.


Until later...

It is he who saved us and chose us for his holy work not because we deserved it but because that was his plan. 
2 Timothy 1:9 (LB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.