Friday, June 4, 2010

Stash Report Week #22...

May 28 - June 3, 2010

My weeks seem to be joining together.  It surprises me at how quickly they pass and it's time for another report.

I continued to get fabric from my quilt bee for my recent birthday and received a total of 1 yard in some beautiful shades of blue.  They are now washed and pressed and ready to be used.

Birthday Fabric

And I stopped at JoAnns earlier in the week.  I have to make a purse/tote bag for a lady and I've been struggling over the direction I want to go in.  The only requirement for it is that it incorporates yo-yo's.  So I picked up an assortment of vinyl, leather and suede to use in it.  Of course, I won't use all of them for it, but I wanted some choices on hand while I'm working.  There's a total of 1.5 yards.

Suede, vinyl and leather

And I finished the trapunto quilt, Blue Patches, last week and gifted it to my mother.  I think she really liked it.  I used 1.5 yards for the backing, binding and hanging sleeve on it.  Other than that, I've been hard at work on Judy's Memorial Day Challenge but haven't finished it yet.  So it will have to count towards next week's stash report.

I had a small finish with block #9 of the Baltimore Halloween quilt and that used a quarter yard of fabric.

Baltimore Halloween #9

I'm working on block #10 now and I'm really pleased with how they're turning out.

For this week...
Purchased-this-week: 2.5 yards
Used-this-week: 1.75 yards
Purchased-to-date: 128.5 yards
Used-to-date: 175.5 yards
Net used: 47 yards

(My net used number is slowly going down.  But I have a lot of projects under way and hope to reverse that trend...)

Until later...

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment" 
Matthew 22:37-38 (NIV).

1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued by the leather, suede, and vinyl...will have to see what you do with that...and I love the halloween block!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.