Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stash Report Week #14...

April 2 - 8, 2011

This stash report will see me back in the red, but for once, I don't mind.  I received a yummy package from Fat Quarter Shop this week.  I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to this package.  Even though they ship stuff really fast, I was still kept checking it's status online.

Package from Fat Quarter Shop
I love how they wrap all of your purchases in special bags.  It insures that they arrive at your house in pristine condition.  And even though you can already see what's inside, it's still a bit like opening presents.  Included in this package was 1 Jelly Roll and 2 Charm packs of Maison de Garance.  There was also 4.5 yards of this turkey red fabric that I'll use for borders and binding.  That's a total of 8.75 yards of fabric from this line, but it also means I have plenty to make both a king-size quilt and a coordinating wall hanging for my bedroom.  (I already have 3 other jelly rolls.)

Maison de Garance pre-cuts and yardage
Also included in this package was 3.5 yards of fabric from the Buttercup line.  I needed this for the borders to yet another king-size quilt for our bedroom.  (I'm planning on making 3 different quilts.)  And then I bought 1 yard of this soft creamy yellow from Astor Manor.  It coordinates beautifully with the Buttercup fabrics.

Buttercup and Astor Manor
So that brings my total to 13.25 yards for the week.

Although I've been slowly making progress in organizing my sewing room, it's still not done, so I haven't had a chance to actually do any sewing this week.  I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel though.  My goal is to get everything organized and then worry about moving the furniture and painting next month when I have more free time.  I'm actually pretty excited about how neat and tidy everything is becoming.  I'll share before and after pictures when it's done.

So...
Purchased-this-week: 13.25 yards
Used-this-week: 0 yards
Purchased-to-date: 75.25 yards
Used-to-date: 64.5 yards
Net used: -10.75 yards

Until later...

Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him. 
1 Chronicles 16:11 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.