Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Class Sample...

I've been working hard on it and have finally managed to finish the sample for a class I'm teaching end of next week.  It's on Back-Basting Hand Applique, which is my preferred method for hand applique.  Here is a picture of the finished block..

Chickadee Class Sample
My original plan was to add a series of borders and make this into a small wall hanging.  However, I like how it turned out so much that I'm seriously thinking about creating additional bird blocks and making an entire quilt.  My husband has a bird watching book which would be very helpful in developing patterns.  Of course, my to-do list is pretty long right now so whatever I decide it will have to wait a while.

In other news, we tried taking the cone off Gabriel yesterday.  She'd been wearing it for 5 days straight.  However, as soon as she had access she went right for her toe and started licking.  So the cone is back on and we'll have to endure it for at least a couple more days.  I jokingly suggested she went after her toe just so we'd have to put the cone back on.  It's not slowing her down a bit and she may enjoy terrorizing the rest of the family with it.


Until later...

So then, we must pursue what promotes peace and what builds up one another.  
Romans 14:19 (HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.