Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another finish!

Woohoo!  I didn't think I would finish it before my trip, but I put the final stitches on the binding to 'Snowflakes' tonight.


It's not a large quilt - only 20" square.  It will make a nice table topper I imagine.  I'm not keeping it though so that will be up to it's new owner.


I did some more machine embroidery on this quilt.  Taking the lessons I learned from embroidering Mr. Snowman, it went much more smoothly.  I really enjoyed the process on this one.


I embroidered these snowflake designs on all of the 2" squares on the front (9 total).


And I embroidered some larger more free-form snowflakes in the borders.  (I'm sorry for the quality of the picture, but it's hard to get the white thread to really show up on the white background...)

So now the quilt is labeled and bound and marks my 6th UFO finish for the year!

On a different note, my quilt bee traveled to Plain and Simple Quilt Shop in Apex, NC today.  We try to take a trip out there as a group a couple of times a year.  And as always, it was a great time!  I also found out that this shop will be featured in the May 11th issue of American Patchwork & Quilting's Quilt Sampler magazine.  I'll have to make sure I pick up a copy.  I always think of them as the go to place for Civil War fabrics.

I was very restrained during our outing and only purchased a couple of patterns- including 255 Flight of Fancy by Crabapple Hill Patterns.  It's a beautiful mix of hand embroidery and piecing.


I also bought 2 yards of a red grunge fabric from Basic Grey.


We had a great lunch and a nice time browsing the eclectic stores on Main St.  I always enjoy our outings out there.

And now I'll leave you with a recent picture of Sam on the couch.  She looks like she wedged herself into the corner pretty good...


Until later...

Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. 1 Corinthians 14:20 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.