Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Did you see...

the huge sale that JoAnn's had last week?  I think they called it a coupon commotion or something.  I must have had at least 15 coupons worth 40 and 50% off.

I went down there on Saturday afternoon - the last day of the sale.  I was so busy the rest of the week, this was the first chance I had to make it there.  I could tell from the parking lot they were busy.  When I walked in and saw all the people waiting for the cutting counter, I immediately grabbed a number.  I didn't know if I'd find anything I needed, but I took one just in case.  And I'm so glad I did!  My number was 52 and they were currently on #22.  I've never seen it so packed.

I found another Ravendale print for my bee sampler.  I'm thinking I'll set the quilt on point with this fabric and it will nicely show off the blocks.


I also found 2 fabrics that will work well as backings.  The green is a little bright, but I've been drawn to it every time I see it in the store.


And I also saw several more fabrics that would be adorable as doll clothes.  My niece's birthday is in less than 3 weeks and I'd like to get another 3 or 4 outfits made for her birthday doll.


I've got some adorable rickrack and pom pom trim to add to them as well.  I'm hoping to start cutting some more out tonight or tomorrow.

Don't you love it when a store prints out on your receipt how much you've saved from regular price?  And don't you love it even more when you've saved 50% or more off the total?  I love a bargain!

(By the way, I had to wait an hour for my number to be called.  In that time, I picked up and put away another half dozen bolts of fabric.)

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.