Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And yet more pillowcases...

I have just finished another 26 pillowcases to donate to charity.  That brings my total to a lot and I think I'm really tired of making them.  Or maybe I'm just really tired.  I didn't get a nap today and that's been known to make me a little cranky.  Or so I've been told...


In any case, I'm ready to move on to something else.  And I have plenty to choose from.  In between making the pillowcases, I managed to find some time to turn this...


into this...


which should eventually end up looking something like this...


 Hopefully in time for my niece's birthday in April.

And at the same time I found the fabric for the doll clothes, I also found the final fabric for the sampler my quilt bee is about to start.


Don't you think it coordinates well with the other fabrics I picked out?


I'd like to say it's because of my keen sense of color but actually they're all from the same fabric collection - Legacy Studios Ravendale.

I had another 50% off coupon so I managed to acquire this beautiful piece to add to my stash as well. (Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.)


I'm now trying to find someone willing to bring my finished pillowcases to the quilt store to donate.  After all my recent purchases, I figure it's better if I stay away from any more temptation...

Until later...

1 comment:

  1. whooo hooo look at those pillowcases! ;)

    and that last photo you showed does not do that fabric JUSTICE!!! I know b/c it's the very fabric that I bought to use as my backing for my Crayola Challenge Quilt. My crayon color was sea green and I was so not excited about it until I happened up on THIS fabric - the moment I saw it - it was love at first sight! ;) I also bought the coordinating stirps and I just love how the gold in them sparkle, don't you? ;)

    wanna take a look at my Crayola Challenge quilt???
    http://bingobonnie.blogspot.com/search/label/Crayola%20Quilt%20Challenge

    It's just one of over 30 being raffled this fall on the HGTV board. All the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charity. ;)

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.