Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quilting Mr. Snowman...

I'm still working on quilting Mr. Snowman.  The quilt isn't large - only 37" square, but I'm doing custom quilting on it that's taking rather longer than I expected.


 First I outlined stitched some of the snowman and echoed around his hat.  I also stitched in the ditch around the borders.

(Of course I had my usual helper slowing things down.)

Then I did a cross-hatch in the background 16-patches.


And finally I'm doing some machine embroidered snowflakes in the borders.  This step requires me to keep re-hooping the quilt and is taking a good bit of time.  I'm almost done with 2 sides but I like how it's turning out so far.  Mr. Quilting Bug recommended that the snowflakes extend into the lighter blue and gold borders.


Between naps and flu medicine, I've also managed to finish another outfit for my niece's doll.


It's a great in-between project while I'm waiting for an embroidery to finish.   I've got a couple more outfits I'm working on which should see me through finishing the quilt.

Until later...

Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own. Jeremiah 33:3 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.