Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wild strawberries...

Yum!  Wouldn't they be delicious?

Not the right season for that though.  And not what I was referring to either.

I've finally finished my Crayola Challenge quilt top.  My color was Wild Strawberry this year.  I don't have a picture of the whole top yet.  Hopefully tomorrow, but I do have bunches of snapshots.


If you'll recall, I started with these fabrics...


I used one of the patterns from the French Braid Obsession book (with a few small changes).  The pattern called for fewer fabrics than I had.  Since I went to the trouble to dye a 12 step gradation, I really wanted to use all 12 of the fabrics.


I made 3 braids as the pattern required...


Unfortunately this made the quilt almost twice as long as it was wide (because of my additional fabrics).  So I added an additional braid and separator.


I'm really pleased with how it's turned out.  I'd love to keep the quilt for myself, but it's already promised to be one of the quilts raffled off to benefit the Ronal McDonald House Charity.  I guess I'll just have to buy more tickets and hope I win it...


I still need to quilt it.  I'm hoping to get it basted tomorrow and quilted by the end of the week.  However because it's bigger than I anticipated, I no longer have enough backing material.  If I can get out of my driveway tomorrow and down to JoAnn's, I hope to still have enough time to finish it by next Monday.  Wish me luck!

Until later...

2 comments:

  1. Yumm!!! Your Wild Strawberries is looking fantastic girlfriend!!!!! Like you, I'd love to win my own quilt back..but if I can't be drawn for my own, I'd be more than happy to take yours :)

    I hope it's safe to drive again tomorrow so you can go to Joann's. ;)

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK..stand in line! I want it too! It is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.