Monday, June 15, 2009

More sewing time... Yayy!!!

I was able to spend several hours in my sewing room yesterday working on various things. I love when I get a chunk of time like that. First off, I made the binding for the JoAnns BOM. I don't know anyone who loves to make binding. I know it's not my favorite thing to do, but I find that if I make it right after I finish the top, it's not such a chore. Then I just have to store it until the top is quilted (10 years later of course).


Then I got to work on yet another UFO. This one is a pieced BOM that my LQS (Sew Unique) hosted in 2008. I was good about keeping up with the blocks and only had December's to make. The teacher did something a little different than I'm used to. She used different fabrics each month. I mean the colors were all over the palette. The only unifying factor was our background choice. Luckily I had a batik in my stash that had a lot of color variation. She also had us create a lot of templates for each block. Here's a picture of the fabrics she included for December's block and then a picture of the completed block. The top fabric in the picture is my background. There were 7 templates for this block so it took a couple of hours (and a lot of pinning) to put together. But I'm pleased with how it turned out.



Now that the blocks are all done, I need to put it together. I could go with the normal 3x4 block configuration, but I wanted to try something different. I drafted my own pattern. I'm using a black flannel for the sashing and the borders. I needed to create one extra 3 1/2" x 12 1/2" block for it as well and I just used scraps leftover from all the blocks.


I hope to work on it some this afternoon, but we'll see if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.