Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another UFO done!

Wow, after a marathon sewing session today, I've managed to finish another UFO. I started this quilt several years ago. It's one of the BOM (block of the months) from JoAnn Fabrics. I've heard that the quality of their kit fabric has improved in recent years along with the precutting. However, this was one of the older ones and so had some problems. I'm just glad to be finished with the top! It looks better than I thought it would though.

I sewed for at least 6 hours today and I expect I'll pay for it tomorrow. It's just a relief to have it together. I don't like working on projects just to get them done, but I also can't see never finishing one if it's halfway there. I can always donate it to charity. I'm going to have to heavily quilt it when I get the chance to make up for the poor quality of the fabrics and the miscut pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.