Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting some serious sewing done!

I've really been trying to concentrate on my UFOs as of late. I signed a 'contract' with my quilt bee to finish 10 of them by the end of the year and I'm no where close to being finished. After the Garden Gatherings top posted here, I have another 7!!! to complete by December 31st. Luckily most of them are only quilt tops.

The latest one I finished is called Garden Gatherings by Lisa Bongean. She makes such beautiful primitive quilts. It was a BOM I purchased through Kaye Moore. I started the quilt in January 2008 and managed to do a block each month of last year. There are about 200 scrappy HSTs in the borders and those were kind of time consuming. I'm pleased with how it turned out, but now it will go on the shelf of completed quilt tops until I finish some of my other UFOs.



I've also been working at night on hand appliqueing my blocks for the Baltimore Halloween BOM by P3 Designs. I've finished the first 3 blocks so far. Now I have to get started on my 3rd block for the Ladies of the Sea quilt for my husband.




I also received a package in the mail today from Hancocks of Paducah! I LOVE getting packages in the mail. I had ordered 5 yards of fabric and 5 charm packs (all on sale of course). They accidentally included 3 yards of fabric I didn't order. But when I called to tell them, they told me to keep it! Yippee! It was all batiks so I know I'll be able to use it. The bottom 3 fabrics are the ones I didn't order, but aren't they beautiful?


And here are the charm packs. I know I have a bit of a thing for them. I collect them right now, but one day plan to make lots of quilts with them.


So far this blogging thing is a lot of fun! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.