Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to normal...

The weekend's over and so is my sewing marathon. The closest I made it to my sewing room yesterday was buying some fabric. I needed a backing for the JoAnn's BOM and found some wide backing at JoAnn's. It's washed and ready to use.

I also stopped by another LQS (Carolina Sew n Vac) and bought some more 30's fabrics. I recently got my last issue of Fons and Porter Love of Quilting magazine in the mail and I LOVED the quilt on the cover. I immediately pulled out the necessary fat quarters from my stash to set aside for this project. This yardage should give me the rest of what I need. Of course, I have no plans to start this quilt in the forseeable future, but when I'm ready it will be too.

I also bought some fabric to make something for my little secret sister from the HGTV Quilting & Needlework Forum but obviously I can't show it here. Finally, I thought I'd show you what my cat Moses considers part of her stash. She steals this bag of scraps almost every night and I thoughtfully return it to my sewing room the next day. This is probably the 5th or 6th plastic bag I've put it in and it looks ready for a new one, don't you think?

I hope to get some time to sew today but I need to get ready for my trip. I leave tomorrow to house/pet sit for my parents. They have 2 cats and 2 dogs of their own, but they recently rescued 5 kittens and their momma from outside. Luckily they have a separate garage to keep them in. In any case, that's a lot of critters. Oh, and I'm bringing my dog Gabriel with me. She'll probably be the most challenging of them all. But I've hired my nephew to play ball with her each day to hopefully tire her out. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.