Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stash Report Week #30...

July 23 - 29, 2011

And the winner of the Lame Blogger Award goes to... Me! 

I realize I've been completely absent this week, but I've either been too busy to blog or to sick to.  I hosted an all day sew-in on Wednesday for my quilt bee and spent the days before hand getting ready and the day after recuperating and putting things back in order.  I spent a busy and productive day Friday in my sewing room but have been dealing with a migraine since then.  (The two aren't related, just coincidental.)  My head has finally eased up enough for me to try and post my stash report. 

The only thing I managed to finish this week is a table topper (or small wall hanging).  It's the Charlotte pattern from the book 3 Times the Charm!  There are 7 patterns in this book all using one Charm Pack and a small amount of yardage.   This book is written by the fabulous ladies behind Me & My Sister Designs.  I love that they actually show each of these patterns made up in 3 different fabric choices.  I'm calling this little quilt Holly Jolly and it used 1.75 yards for the top.

Holly Jolly Christmas Topper
As for what I bought, it was all about backings this week.  First, I bought the backing for one of the charity quilts I made recently.  In fact, this quilt is already quilted and just waiting for the binding.  The backing fabric is from Clementine by Me and My Sister Designs and I bought 1.5 yards.

Clementine Backing Fabric from Me and My Sister Designs
My local quilt store, Quilts Like Crazy, had a 40% sale off of one cut of fabric this week so I bought 6 yards of Jovial by Basic Grey to use as a backing.  Isn't this such a happy, cheery print?  Gotta love those reindeers.

6 yards of Jovial by Basic Grey
I don't usually purchase much Christmas fabric, but the fabric lines this year have really drawn me in.  So far I've bought some Nature's Gift, Jovial, Countdown to Christmas and Ready, Set, Snow.  Do you think it's the heat getting to me?

So...
Purchased-this-week: 7.5 yards
Used-this-week: 1.75 yards
Purchased-to-date: 258.75 yards
Used-to-date: 116 yards
Net used: -142.75 yards

You know, I think it's still possible I can break even by the end of the year. 

I have a lily out on the deck that has bloomed like crazy this summer.  I probably got a good 15 blooms on this one plant and I just LOVE the smell of them.

Asiatic Lily in Bloom
Until later...

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 
Romans 5:8 (NLT)

1 comment:

  1. Your Holly Jolly is adorable! I know you'll enjoy it when December rolls around.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.