When I last posted on it, I still had some quilting to do in the borders. I added a feathered heart to the border on each side. I drew the hearts on the Golden Thread quilting paper, quilted over them and just tore the paper away...
After I removed the paper, I went back and added circles to the spine here and on the rest of the border. Although not difficult to do, it was rather monotonous...
Here's a look at the border from the back. The quilting shows up really nicely (in person) on the dark green backing.
She particularly liked the feathered wreaths in the open areas. Donna Sontag quilted them for me using the HQ Pro-Stitcher.
It's really hard to get a good overall picture of such a large quilt. This is a picture of it before I finished the borders and put the binding on...
The stats for this quilt are:
- Size: 113" square
- Fabrics: Williamsburg Centennial Collection 1780-1880 (blue), Charleston 1850-1865 (green), Tidings by Nancy Halvorsen (cream), Summer's End by Kansas Troubles (backing)
- Batting: Quilters Dream Cotton Batting Request Loft
- Thread: Superior Threads So Fine 50 wt in various colors
- Quilting: Custom (mostly feathers)
- Started in April 2010, completed February 2011.
“Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance”
1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT)