However, since I'm not able to work on as much as I would like, I thought I'd make a list for when I do feel better. These are my more pressing goals...
- Finish block 6 of Winter Wonderland - Another night or two of hand embroidery and I should be done with this one.
- Applique the center of Here's My Heart by Bunny Hill Designs. - I bought this kit more than 2 years ago. I pulled it out last January, but didn't think I could get it done for Valentine's Day. I would love to actually finish it before another February 14th passes by.
|Here's My Heart|
- Add the binding and label to Nestled in the Branches. - I managed to finish quilting this earlier in the week. If I feel better tomorrow, I might try to finish this one.
- Finish quilting the Owl quilt. - I only have some stitch-in-the-ditch to do on this to finish the quilting. I also need to come up with a name for it. I used minkee on the back as I'll be donating it to a shelter and thought a child might like it to snuggle up with. In order to load it on the frame, I first adhered the batting to the minkee using spray basting before trimming the batting and backing even with each other. Although it was pretty thick quilting through, I didn't have any problems with it stretching.
- Quilt Twisted Rope. - I have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday to quilt this. Because it's 113" square, I expect it to take me a number of visits and I'll have to be careful to spread them out so I can handle them.
- Quilt Man Cave. - I just plan to do an allover pantograph so it shouldn't take too awfully long. But again, I have to spread out the time I spend in front of the frame. It sure would be nice if I finished this for Mr. Quilting Bug while it was still cold outside. Although that doesn't look to be an issue any time soon.
- Test Kathy's pattern. - A friend is publishing a book and has asked people to try out the pattern. I like the pattern and plan to make the quilt. I'm just missing two fabrics before I can start.
So those are my goals for the near future. Although at one point I really did think I could finish all of them in January, I now realize I was completely deluding myself and have now returned to reality. But perhaps they might see a finish by the end of February? Maybe?
I haven't posted a picture of Gabriel lately, so here she is in her current fat, happy and somnolent state of being. I keep telling Mr. Quilting Bug that she needs to go on a diet, but he doesn't see it. Go figure...
According to your faith will it be done to you.
Matthew 9:29 (NIV)