Thursday, January 13, 2011

Irons in the fire...

I'm at a point now where the creative juices are flowing and there are lots of things I want to work on.  Last week, I was even hopeful of finishing a number of them in January.  However, my body is putting up a protest and slowing me down quite a bit.  I've been enjoying my time using the long-arm machine at my local quilt shop, but it's taking a toll on my neck and back.  Oh, to be 8 again and able to twist myself like a pretzel.  If I tried that now, things would pop.  And groan.  And probably break.  It wouldn't be pretty.


However, since I'm not able to work on as much as I would like, I thought I'd make a list for when I do feel better.  These are my more pressing goals...
  • Finish block 6 of Winter Wonderland - Another night or two of hand embroidery and I should be done with this one.
  • Applique the center of Here's My Heart by Bunny Hill Designs. - I bought this kit more than 2 years ago.  I pulled it out last January, but didn't think I could get it done for Valentine's Day.  I would love to actually finish it before another February 14th passes by.
Here's My Heart
  •  Add the binding and label to Nestled in the Branches. - I managed to finish quilting this earlier in the week.  If I feel better tomorrow, I might try to finish this one.
  • Finish quilting the Owl quilt. - I only have some stitch-in-the-ditch to do on this to finish the quilting.  I also need to come up with a name for it.  I used minkee on the back as I'll be donating it to a shelter and thought a child might like it to snuggle up with.  In order to load it on the frame, I first adhered the batting to the minkee using spray basting before trimming the batting and backing even with each other.  Although it was pretty thick quilting through, I didn't have any problems with it stretching.
 

  • Quilt Twisted Rope. - I have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday to quilt this.  Because it's 113" square, I expect it to take me a number of visits and I'll have to be careful to spread them out so I can handle them.
Twisted Rope
  • Quilt Man Cave. - I just plan to do an allover pantograph so it shouldn't take too awfully long.  But again, I have to spread out the time I spend in front of the frame.  It sure would be nice if I finished this for Mr. Quilting Bug while it was still cold outside.  Although that doesn't look to be an issue any time soon.
Man Cave
  • Test Kathy's pattern. - A friend is publishing a book and has asked people to try out the pattern.  I like the pattern and plan to make the quilt.  I'm just missing two fabrics before I can start.

So those are my goals for the near future.  Although at one point I really did think I could finish all of them in January, I now realize I was completely deluding myself and have now returned to reality.  But perhaps they might see a finish by the end of February?  Maybe?

I haven't posted a picture of Gabriel lately, so here she is in her current fat, happy and somnolent state of being.  I keep telling Mr. Quilting Bug that she needs to go on a diet, but he doesn't see it.  Go figure...

Gabriel

Until later...


According to your faith will it be done to you. 
Matthew 9:29 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.