Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally started...

Well, I've finally started the quilting on Twisted Rope.


I've been considering how to quilt this for some time now and had been renting a long-arm machine to practice before starting it.  Last night I drew out a feathered heart on Golden Threads quilting paper.  I want this design to go in the center of each border with feathered swags on either side.


My intention is to also fill all of the vines with small circles.  I managed to get the quilt loaded and stitch the feathered heart, but when I started to tear some of the paper away, I realized that you couldn't see it!  The thread color matched too well and for all my hard work stitching it, it might as well have been invisible.  It was disappointing.  However, I bounced back and decided to do the rest of the feathers in a different color.  They turned out much better.  So I've decided to rip out the heart motif and restitch it with this new thread color.  It will add some more time and work, but I'll be much happier with the results.


So this was day 1 of what will no doubt turn out to be many, many days of quilting.  I must say, I really do enjoy quilting on the long-arm although it's a bit rough on the back.

On my way home from quilting, I stopped at the pet store and found a new toy for my cats.  As soon as I laid it on the table, Sam was all over it.


Until later...

I love you, Lord; you are my strength.  
Psalm 18:1 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.