Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gifts from the heart...

Back in September of last year, a dear friend opened her home at the beach to our quilt bee for a quilting retreat.  I wrote all about it here.    It was very generous of her to host all of us in her beautiful new home.  I wanted to thank her for being so sweet and put together a little gift basket for her.  Unfortunately with another quilt retreat and all of the holidays that followed, I wasn't able to give it to her until yesterday.  I included a mix of things in it - cuts of batik fabric (she loves batiks), pictures of her and her dogs, dog treats, a gift card and some embroidered hand towels.


Her husband happens to be a huge fan of herons.  You should see the photographs he's taken of these birds hanging up in their house.  They're beautiful.  So I found a heron embroidery design at Embroidery Library and embroidered these towels for her new home.


I think the birds turned out so cute.  And I love that I can use my embroidery machine to make such personalized gifts for people.  In half a day, I was able to complete 3 of these hand towels for her.


These towels are from the Food Network collection at Kohl's.  They're quickly becoming my favorite ones to use for embroidery and gifts.  They're both soft and easy to embroider on. 

Thank you again Kathy for opening up your home to us!

Until later...


Your attitude must be like my own, for I, the Messiah, did not come to be served, but to serve and to give my life. 
Matthew 20:28 (LB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.