Sunday, January 30, 2011

Here's My Heart (update)...

Initially my goal was to finish this quilt by Valentine's Day.  I'm now thinking that might not happen, but I'm still hoping to have the top done by then.  I managed to finish the hand applique on the center of the quilt the other night.  I only have a little bit of embroidery still to do on the bird (add his eye and feet).

Here's My Heart by Bunny Hill Designs
This was a kit I bought at a quilt store a couple of years ago.  Not only do I really like the fabrics in it, I'm also really impressed with the amount of it.  I'll have some nice sized pieces left over when this is done.  I would definitely buy another kit from them, but unfortunately the owner retired in December and the shop is now closed.

I've managed to get the inner border on this as well and am now prepping the outer border which has scallops appliqued on it.

Center with Inner Border
It looks a little wavy in the picture, but that's just because I didn't smooth it out.  I think if I can applique one side of the outer border each night, I might have the top together by the end of this week.  Of course that's only if life doesn't interfere - which it has a habit of doing!

Here's a picture of Gabriel I took during her afternoon nap.


Until later...

Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.