Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stash Report Week #37...

September  10-16, 2010

Another week has gone by with not a great deal to report.  My poor machine has been in the shop since Monday and I'm not sure when I'll get her back.  Late last week she started acting up and the needle will no longer move to the right.  Because I use my walking foot for piecing and move the needle to get my quarter inch seam, that's an absolute must for me.

While I was dropping her off, I took a look around the store, Carolina Sew-n-Vac.  They've gotten a number of new fabric lines in and they're starting to carry a lot more pre-cuts.  I picked up 2 charm packs while I was there - Pure and Luna Notte.  I already have one of each, but I've noticed that you can make most of the Schnibbles patterns with 2 charm packs and a background.  I find it's a great way to 'inexpensively' try out a new line.

Pure and Luna Notte

There are about 1.5 yards between them.  I also got a package in the mail a couple of days ago with one of my prizes for winning Viewer's Choice for the Pets on Quilts Show.  By the way, thank you to everyone who voted for me!  I won for the category "Dogs on Quilts" and "Other Pets on Quilts".   The Quilted Kitty
donated a ceramic cat mug and coaster along with 4 fat eighths of kitty fabric.

Prize from the Quilted Kitty

The fabric will be great in a charity quilt and my bee is headed to the beach in another week to do just that!

As for what I've used...  That would be nothing.  Between working on my CQ block, a week of jury duty and my favorite machine in the shop, I've been pretty much a bust in this department.

So...
Purchased-this-week: 2 yards
Used-this-week: 0 yards
Purchased-to-date: 199.25 yards
Used-to-date: 328 yards
Net used: 128.75 yards

 Here are another couple of funny pictures of Cricket, my parent's cat.  She's the momma to my Jack and Sam...



She looks just like her daughter!

Until later...


"For nothing is impossible with God."   
Luke 1:37 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.