Saturday, September 4, 2010

Package time...

It's package time again.  I love getting packages in the mail, but this one isn't for me.  It's for my mom.  Yes, it's that time again where I put together a bunch of quilt related items and share them with my lovely and talented mother.

Note:  It's actually part of my dastardly plan to get her as hooked on quilting as I am, so when she retires we can spend our days together quilting.

August Package

Have you noticed that each package is getting later and later?  This is her package for August and here it is already September.  At this rate, she's going to have to wait until next spring for her December package.

But I digress (as usual).  Included in this month's package are September's Camelot Snowman (which I already shared with you), "Pigs in a Blanket" (old news again), the new Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine, the Fabric Fusion coupon book from JoAnn's and block 8 of the Imperial Splendor Block of the Month also from JoAnns.

Another tangent - When I went into JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago to pick up another of these blocks, I was shocked to discover them all gone and a new block of the month in its place.  I'll admit I started to get a little panicky.  Here I am getting my mom hooked on making this quilt and she wasn't going to be able to finish it!  I asked several ladies if they moved them to some other secret area I hadn't found and no one seemed to have any idea.  Finally, one of them suggested checking out the clearance bins.  Lo and behold, they happened to have exactly the blocks (and setting kit) that I needed and all on clearance.  I did my happy dance right there in the aisle.  OK, not really.  That last part was an exaggeration.  I did my inner happy dance and let out a tiny barely audible squeal.

So back to her package, I've also included the first block traced out of the Crabapple Hill Winter Wonderland pattern for her to embroider along with the supplies she'll need to get started.  I figure she can decide whether she'd like to do it in red or blue.  My guess is blue looking at her house, but it's her choice.  It's a quick project she can easily pick up and put down whenever she has the time or inclination to work on it.


I threw in this picture of the September snowman because this post was getting way too wordy with not enough pictures.  When I look at blogs, I like to see lots of pictures.  Let me see if I can throw in some other random ones.  How about this?


Another picture of Gabriel's tongue with a now defunct Rocky in the background.  We now refer to him as Rocky top and Rocky bottom.  Can you guess why?


And what about David?  This cats knows how to nap.  Of course he's young and flexible so he can contort himself in all kinds of positions.  It's like when I see kids sitting indian style and I think, "I used to be able to do that.  Way, way back when."

OK, I've really digressed.  I think I must be getting loopy from lack of sleep.  I hope you're enjoying you're holiday weekend!

Until later...


Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. 
Proverbs 4:23 (GNT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.