Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stash Report Week #30 and Quilt Odyssey Shopping...

July 23-29, 2010

I usually do my stash report on Thursday (because that was the first day of the year), but I've been too busy (sleeping and such) to get to it before now.  I'm still recovering from my trip and seem to be in a perpetual state of exhaustion.  On the positive side, my pets are loving all the naps they're getting with me!  Every time I wake up, there's a different kitty sleeping on my chest, stomach and legs.  I think they rotate while I'm asleep...

I didn't buy much fabric at Quilt Odyssey and most of what I did purchase is earmarked for specific projects.  I bought half yards of both a blueberry and strawberry fabric to make pincushions.  I volunteered to make 20 of them to give to the charter members of our guild.  They're made using your embroidery machine.  The patterns are from ZippyDesignZ and they are adorable!

Quilt Odyssey fabric purchases

And I bought 1.5 yards of 2 different blue fabrics.  I'll use one for the sashing and binding on a quilt I'm working on and the other will be for the backing.  And the 2 charm packs add another 1.5 yards to my total.  (These charm packs and a pattern are the only things I bought just because.)

On our way up to the quilt show, we stopped at Tamah's favorite quilt store from her old stomping grounds.   The shop is called Material Girls Quilt Boutique in La Plata, Maryland.  If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend you stop by.  They have everything there.  I ended up getting the new Nancy Halvorsen 'Tidings' book and the exact fabric to complete several of the projects.  (I have to make them for a Christmas project for a group I'm in.)  They're willing to cut fabric as small as 1/8th of a yard too.  I purchased a total of 2.5 yards of fabric (and a couple of tea towels).

Nancy Halvorsen towels, fabric and book

And that was really all of my 'fabric' purchases for the week - a total of 8 yards.  But the wonderful thing about the vendors at most quilt shows is that you can find so much more than fabric!  And I did.  I bought wool and wool balls for one project and some silk ribbon for another.  I even found this beautifully painted box.

More purchases from Quilt Odyssey

There are a number of projects for this 'Twelve of Us' group I'm in that I don't have supplies for (and can't find locally).  The vendors at this show really helped me fill in some of the gaps.  They were also willing to give me advice on techniques (that I've never tried).  It was such a big help and I'm feeling much better about tackling them.

To continue with the stash report part, I didn't finish anything last week, so my usage total is 0!  (But I'm almost done with a couple of things and I hope to count them next week.)

So...
Purchased-this-week: 8 yards
Used-this-week: 0 yards
Purchased-to-date: 178.25 yards
Used-to-date: 285.25 yards
Net used: 107 yards

Until later...

"God loves you, so don't let anything worry you or frighten you." 
Daniel 10:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.