Friday, July 16, 2010

Stash Report Week #28...

I mentioned last week that my stash report was going to take a hit this week.  And it has.  Although not quite as bad as I anticipated.  Hancock's of Paducah is having a great sale on some pre-cuts and I ordered a couple of Fat Quarter bundles and a jelly roll.  Unfortunately, they ran out of one of them - Bar Harbor.  I'm a little bummed about it because I was so looking forward to making a quilt using it.

Oh well.  I shall persevere because my Park Avenue bundle and Martinique jelly roll both arrived today!

Martinique and Park Avenue

Because Park Avenue by 3 Sisters for Moda just came out, I was surprised to see it half off online.  Pleasantly surpised of course.  There are 40 Fat Quarters or 10 yards there.  And the jelly roll adds another 2.75 yards.  So that's 12.75 yards.  For this week.  I have another package arriving tomorrow...

And I also had a couple of finishes this week as well - Job's Troubles and Purple Mountains.


I used 1.25 yards for Job's Troubles and 2.5 yards for the backing and binding to Purple Mountains.  That's a grand total of 3.75 yards.

So...
Purchased-this-week: 12.75 yards
Used-this-week: 3.75 yards
Purchased-to-date: 155.25 yards
Used-to-date: 285.25 yards
Net used: 130 yards

And did you know the term 'jelly roll' is trademarked by Moda?  I just learned that this week.  For you non-quilters, a jelly roll consists of 2.5" strips of fabric.  Usually one of each fabric in a particular line (or around 40).

Until later...

Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won’t be faithful in large ones. If you cheat even a little, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. 
Luke 16:10 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.