Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stash Report Week #18

April 30 - May 6, 2010

We're already into May!  Soon summer will be here.  I know I'm not the only one that thinks time has wings.

I've already posted here about the anniversary sale the Fat Quarter Shop is having right now and the great deal I got on some fabric last week.  I bought a total of 4 yards of L'Amour pink solids by Sandy Gervais.  I don't know what I'll use them for but I expect it will be something for my niece and I didn't really have much in my stash in the pink family.  I also bought a layer cake of Wiscasset which is equivalent to about 2.75 yards of fabric and another 2 yards of a coordinating print to use for a border.  So that's a grand total of 8.75 yards!  I got such a good deal on it though that I don't feel too bad about the addition.

As for what I've used this past week, most of it wasn't actually for quilts.  I'm teaching a demo on back-basting hand applique at my quilt guild Monday night and I used 4 yards in kits for the ladies.


These are the 2 samples they can choose to make.  (I still need to add antenna to the butterfly...)

I also used 2 yards of fabric to put together a dozen 9" x 12" quilt sandwiches to practice my machine quilting on - particularly feathers.  They're also good for testing out different threads and adjusting your tension.

And finally, I managed to finish embroidering the snowman blocks for June and July.


They only took about a quarter yard of fabric and I still need to make them into their own wall hangings.

So that's a total of 6.25 yards used this week.

Purchased-this-week: 8.75 yards
Used-this-week: 6.25 yards
Purchased-to-date: 95 yards
Used-to-date: 163.25 yards
Net used: 68.25 yards

Until later...

Remember, it's all about love - loving God and loving others.
Rick Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.