Wednesday, May 26, 2010

FYI...

I've not been blogging much recently.  I'm going through a fibro flareup right now and it's making everyday tasks harder.  But I had a couple of things I wanted to share with you...  (No pictures in this post because I'm too tired to get the camera.)

First, Judy of Patchwork Times is having a Memorial Day Challenge.  She has designed a quilt in EQ6 (Electric Quilt).  From now until Memorial Day she will post directions for making this quilt.  If you make it like she's designed it and send it to her, she will provide the batting, backing, binding (if you don't have enough) AND quilt it for you.  All quilts will then be donated to Quilts of Valor.  The only catch is that you must complete your quilt top by June 6th.  However, we all know making the quilt top is the easiest part, right?  That seems to take me no time at all.  It's the quilting that takes me literally years!  I looked in my stash and I have enough of all but one of the fabrics.  If I can find the energy over the next week and a half, I'm going to try to make one myself.  And it's for a great cause!

Second, Shannon from Pieceful Kwilter is having a block swap using Kona cotton black and jewel toned batiks.  You make 12 Sister's Choice blocks, send them in and receive 12 different ones in return.  Shannon has also designed a sample quilt layout for these blocks - so check it out.  The deadline for this swap isn't until August 31st, so you have plenty of time to make them.

Until later...

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 
1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLY)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.