Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's snowing...

Of course it's not really snowing.  In fact, we hit a record high of 95 yesterday.  And I have to say it stayed nice and cool in the sun room despite the high temperatures.  The window film I installed is paying for itself.  This week I'm hoping to finish putting it up in the living room.  (That makes it sound like I've already started in there doesn't it?  I haven't except for cleaning the windows...)

living room windows

But back to the snow reference.  I finished 2 more of the Camelot snowmen wall hangings for my mom - June and July.  I said I was going to try to be more proactive about getting these done and so far so good.


I really think July has turned out to be my favorite of all of them.  The dark blue thread really stands out and I know dark blue is one of my mom's favorites.

 
June turned out OK but I now wish I had done it in a darker green.  It shows up better than in the picture, but it doesn't contrast like July's.  I do like the layered buttons on it though and I quilted a feather motif on both sides of the snowman.


For July, I did some straight stitching in the borders and a free motion stipple on the white.  I've been fortunate that I've had coordinating buttons all in my stash so far.  I have a shoe box full sitting in my sewing room.

Last week I got this in the mail...


It's a fabric postcard from the president of our guild.  I've heard about them, but it's the first time I've gotten one.  Both sides are fabric with a stabilizer in the middle.  You write on the back in pen and put a regular stamp on it to mail.  What a neat idea!

I'm continuing to experiment with my new camera and I'm taking copious amounts of pictures.  I got a couple of good ones of Sam and Gabriel that I thought I'd share...


And I don't know what Gabriel got into before this one.  See the mystery material all over her head?

Until later...

"We please God by what we do and not only by what we believe"
James 2:24 CEV

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.