Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stash Report Week #25 (It's a Doozy!)

June 18 - 24, 2011

Wow!  This may be my largest stash report ever.  At least I hope it is.  I would hate to think I've bought this much fabric in one week before!  But as it was all on sale and fabric I needed for various projects, I consider myself fortunate to have gotten it.  In particular, I already had a FQ Tower and Jelly Rolls of Park Avenue and Martinique fabric respectively, but nothing to go with them for borders, backing, etc.  These lines are fairly old and I thought I was out of luck.  So when I saw that Fat Quarter Shop was having a 40% off sale on these lines, I jumped at the chance to get the rest of what I needed.

Let's start with Martinique by 3 Sisters...  I already had 2 Jelly Rolls of this line.  I have several quilt ideas in line for it and plan to make a large lap/twin size quilt.  So I bought a yard of the pink and 8 yards of the coral to use for borders and backing.  (I would have bought more of the light pink, but they sold out of the rest of it before I finalized my purchase.)

Martinique Shell Hibiscus and Coral Sprig Yardage
They also had a brown paisley on sale that I thought would work well for my Winter Wonderland quilt.  It was 50% off.  The stars in the border of this quilt are scrappy, so I didn't need a lot of it.

Adelaide Brown Paisley on Black
Now for my major purchase.  It was all fabric from the Park Avenue line - again by 3 Sisters.  Boy, those sisters sure do design some gorgeous fabric.  I already have a Fat Quarter Tower and 2 Charm Packs of this.  I'm planning on making a king-size quilt, wall hanging and lap throw out of it for my bedroom.  Hopefully I bought enough!  To start, I bought a  half yard of the Bella Ivory Solid.  (This was actually to see how well it works as a background for another quilt.  It does, so now I'll order the right amount.)  Below that is 2 yards of Park Avenue Mahogany Onassis Aster and 6 yards of Park Avenue Shadow Crowne Plaza.

Bella Solid Ivory and some of the Park Avenue fabric
Then in this next picture is the rest of the Park Avenue fabric.  From the top is: 1.5 yards of Limestone and Red Onassis Aster; 1 yard of Mahogany Onassis Aster; 2.5 yards of Lexington Blue Bryant Park; 10 yards of Lexington Blue Central Park; and 9 yards of Lexington Blue Bouvier Moire.

Lots more Park Avenue
As I said, that's a lot of fabric.  I also bought the pattern for the quilt I want to make using most of this fabric.  It's Wild Air by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  Did you know that Miss Rosie is actually Carrie Nelson's dog?  She's a beautiful girl.

Wild Air by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company
I'm going to adapt the pattern to work for the size I want.  Each of the zillion flying geese in this pattern finish at 1" x 2".  I might be insane to make it, but I think it'll be beautiful once it's done.

Although they don't compare in scope, I do have some small finishes this week as well.  I've completed another project for The Twelve of Us and mailed it off.  I'll share pictures once she receives it.  It used 2 yards of fabric plus I sent her another yard of FQ's with it.  My giveaway ended and between the 2 prizes, that's another 3.25 yards.

So...
Purchased-this-week: 42 yards
Used-this-week: 6.25 yards
Purchased-to-date: 182 yards
Used-to-date: 84.75 yards
Net used: -97.25 yards

By the way, I've already washed and pressed all of the new fabric!  I don't iron clothes, but I really do enjoy ironing yardage.  Strange.  I've also got another quilt loaded on the frame.  It will be for charity once it's done.  And I've almost completed piecing all of the blocks for another quilt that I've yet to share with you.  This has been a very busy couple of weeks quilting wise.  I hope you're having as much fun as I am!

Until later...

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful fabrics Dee! I'm sure by the end of summer, a few more completed projects will be on your list and all this fabric'll be used up :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Park Avenue is such a beautiful line of fabric. Love the birds - I had never looked at it before, thanks for showing it off =)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.