Thursday, May 19, 2011

This, that and the other...

Still not a lot of quilting happening here.  I finally started quilting Man Cave.  I've only made a couple of passes so far, but that's still forward progress.  It's been loaded up on the frame for at least a couple of months.

Man Cave
I'm making this quilt for Mr. Quilting Bug to snuggle under while watching TV.  I didn't finish it in time for this past winter, but hopefully it will be ready in plenty of time for the next one.

I'm also working on hand appliqueing block 11 of the Baltimore Halloween quilt.  There are around 100 pieces in this block, but I'm nearing the end.  Hopefully another week and I can share pictures.

I made a couple of fused pieces several weeks ago.  The first is a greeting card for a friend.  It only took about an hour from start to finish to make a very personalized gift.

Pig Greeting Card
I did learn a very valuable lesson while making this card.  The fusible I used was several years old and wouldn't stick properly - no matter how much I ironed it.  I've never had that happen before although I have heard similar anecdotes from others.  I've thrown the rest of the package away and I'll be more careful in the future.

Finally, I made the Chickadee block again using fusible instead of hand applique.  I needed the second version as a sample for another class I taught.  Right now, it's just stuck to my applique pressing sheet waiting for it's own background some time in the future.  This version has more jagged edges on the bird's head than the hand applique one.  It would be very difficult to needle turn all those points, but is very easy when fusing.

Fused Chickadee Block
So that's basically what I've been up to on the quilting front.  I have all the squares cut out for a Twister quilt, but haven't found time to arrange them yet.  Lots of plans, but most of my free time is being taken up with painting duties.  It seems like every room in our house needs at least touch up painting, with a couple of rooms needing a complete redo.  Good thing I enjoy painting!

Until later...

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 
Romans 8:28 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.